Support to Students
We invite parents to accompany K1 students to attend classes on the first two days to ease the adaptation. For K3 students, we provide imitation classes, arrange site visits for them to prepare the primary school life. We collaborate with community organizations to participate in different activities and visits, arrange after-school Chinese learning classes for non-Chinese speaking students, and provide home visits to the families in need.
Extra-curricular activities are provided after school (Support to Non-Chinese speaking children’s learning, Happy Bee, Clay class, Creative Art, Ballet class and Djembe). The activities allow children to acquire all areas of development.
Support to non-Chinese speaking (NCS) students
- Received Grant for Support to NCS Students:
- Appoint additional teaching staff / teaching assistants to support NCS students learning Chinese.
- Arrange interpretation/translation services.
- Engage NCS parent volunteers to enhance communication between school and parents.
- Create an enriched language environment for mastery of the Chinese language.
- Create an inclusive learning environment to facilitate students’ integration environment.
- Facilitate professional development for teachers to develop effective strategies to help NCS students learn Chinese.
- Participate in school-based professional support programmes organized by EDB.